Advert Tracker Software Reviewed
Advert Tracker is an affordable ($25) ad tracking software script that tells you how effective your advertising is. There are many different pieces of ad tracking software and many different ways to track your advertising efforts using both free and paid services. I’m writing this review to share with you my thoughts about the advert ad tracking software script and my experiences with it.
You can guess at the effectiveness of your advertising campaigns or you can use this review to see if this software or something similar to it fits in with your business plan, budget and skill set so you can test your ads to see exactly how effective your efforts are.
The Advert Tracker software CGI script was fairly easy to install once I understood that the path I needed to enter was to go all the way to the root of the server. (This took awhile because it was my first attempt at installing a CGI script.) Once I figured this out the correct path, modifying the files as stated in the instructions was straight forward and went well.
I like the statistics you are given. These are:
- The referring URL.
- The hour the tracking link was clicked within the last 24 hours.
- The total number of hits and the unique hits for each referring URL during each month.
- The total number of hits, the number of unique hits and the ratios for the month.
- The total number of hits, the number of unique hits and the ratios for the last 90 days broken down by the day.
- Creating a new tracker means assigning it a name, entering the URL you are tracking and putting in a few notes for yourself to remember the campaign. (The notes are optional.)
- After the tracker has been created and tested the stats page can be reset so you can more easily get an accurate count of the hits.
- The tracking script does not use a database.
- The tracking script is installed on your domain which helps build your brand and recognition by prospects and customers.
- No monthly fees because I own it.
- After a campaign ID is created, you are shown a page that says ‘The requested account has been added to the system.’ instead of being shown the URL that you need to use which looks like http://www.itsaboutcash.biz/cgi-bin/tracker.cgi?adtracking. The phrase after the ? mark is the ID you gave your campaign. Having to enter the campaign URL into a browser yourself to test it and so the script will create the stats page is an inconvenience.
- To return to the Advert Tracker Admin page, you need to press the back button on your browser twice because there is no navigation menu that helps you return.
- After returning to the admin area using the browser’s back button, you must refresh the browser before you’ll see the tracker you just created and tested.
- The script is written using CGI which uses more server resources than the newer PHP based scripts.
This tool is useful for many of your tracking needs but not all of them. You need to decide if this CGI ad tracking script at $25 fits into your budget, business plan and skill set.
You will need a different script if you wish to do split testing, have a more user friendly interface or see statistics with a cleaner representation.
You can find out more about the software by visiting the sales page at https://www.itsaboutcash.com/business/adtrackingsoftware.html.