Certain Local Businesses MUST Have Mobile Friendly Websites To Thrive
Certain types of local businesses are leaving money on the table if they don’t have mobile friendly websites. Is your business one of them?
Mobile websites are a Google ranking factor.
More important than that to some local business owners is the fact that the cellphone is the new yellow pages and more.
If a customer needs emergency service, they usually ask friends on social sites like Facebook and Twitter for a business referral or they might check sites like Angie’s List and other review sites then they visit the company’s website from their phone to look for testimonials and contact information.
Business websites that are not mobile friendly are usually abandoned and a competitor’s site is visited. My article titled Does Your Business Need A Mobile Website stated that 57% of the people surveyed would not recommend a business with a bad mobile site.
Some industries where having a mobile friendly website is a BIG plus are:
- Plumbers that do emergency repairs
- Roofers that do emergency repairs
- Vets that provide emergency services
- Hotels and Motels
- Any business that attracts out of town visitors.
Someone that has an emergency is automatically going to reach for the nearest phone and that’s usually the cellphone in their pocket. An out of town visitor isn’t going to hunt down the printed yellow pages because they have a cellphone AND the printed yellow pages are being discontinued and are being replaced by www.yellowpages.com.
Paper coupons have a low redemption rate because they are a hassle and people forget them. Coupons placed on mobile websites, on Facebook or delivered to an ewallet by SMS have a much higher redemption rate because the cellphone is usually within 3 feet of the user 24 hours a day.
Many people are dropping their landlines and going exclusively with their cellphones and computers for information and entertainment. Can you afford NOT having your local business represented well on devices they use all the time?
Contact me if you are one of the many local businesses that’s in need of a mobile friendly website.
Last 5 posts in Marketing
- 4 Ways to Grow Your Business Through Referrals + My Thoughts - October 14th, 2017
- Why Retargeting Works And Why You Should Use It - October 13th, 2017
- 3 Ways To Stretch Your Online Paid Advertising Budget - October 7th, 2017
- You Need These 4 Things For Your Business Online Reputation - September 23rd, 2017
- Are You Continuously Building Your Online Reputation? You Should Be - September 16th, 2017