How Do You Define Social Proof And Why Is It Important?
Social proof might mean different things in different situations. I think it means one thing but there are varying degrees of interpretation. My meaning is…
Google wants to see social proof in its latest algorithm changes to help determine your ‘authority’. I interpret that to a more basic level to be how good your reputation is.
Social proof can be delivered by multiple means. Some common delivery methods are:
- Social media sites.
- Comments on your articles.
- Customer testimonials.
- Customer reviews on third party sites.
- Links back to your site from within content on other sites.
A diversified portfolio of backlinks that is steadily increasing is size is a good thing.
Add in customer reviews that are spread across multiple review sites and have the number of raving reviews slowly but steadily increasing and you will have a stellar reputation.
Once you develop a 5 star reputation, you will have a very valuable business asset that’s also an extremely powerful marketing tool.
SEO, SEM, social media marketing and PPC will all fail to convert at the level they could unless you have a 5 star reputation that offers third party validation of what’s in your marketing.
You will NOT survive long if you offer up fake testimonials and fake reviews. If your customers don’t catch them and spread the word, the search engines will. If the fake reviews are posted for local businesses on third party directory sites, it’s going to make catching them much easier for the search engines.
You need to know what’s being said about your business on social media sites, in Forums and on review sites. If you don’t know what’s being said, you cannot be part of the conversation and help influence it to be positive.
What’s being said on review sites about your business? Find out by running a free reputation report. The reviews posted about your business are trust and powerful social proof signals for prospects. Good and bad reviews send a message so always know what’s being said and become part of the conversation.
Contact us after you run your report.
Last 5 posts in Marketing
- 4 Ways to Grow Your Business Through Referrals + My Thoughts - October 14th, 2017
- Why Retargeting Works And Why You Should Use It - October 13th, 2017
- 3 Ways To Stretch Your Online Paid Advertising Budget - October 7th, 2017
- You Need These 4 Things For Your Business Online Reputation - September 23rd, 2017
- Are You Continuously Building Your Online Reputation? You Should Be - September 16th, 2017