Why Is My Local Business Not Being Found On Google?
Google uses many factors to determine which web pages get shown for any given search. Here are a few things you can do to help your local business get found.
Some things to consider when trying to attract and keep customers and make Google happy are:
* The overall quality of your website.
* Is your website easy to navigate?
* The quality of your content. (Does each piece of content focus on a single topic that provides useful information?)
* Do you add fresh content on a regular schedule?
* Can site visitors share your content using social networks?
* Is your website mobile device friendly?
* Do you have your business name, address and phone number listed on every page of your site as text the search engines can read?
* Are your business hours clearly displayed on every page of your site?
* Does your site have a visitor sitemap?
* Does your site have an XML sitemap that has been submitted to the search engines?
* Does your site have a robots.txt file for the search engines?
* Do you have a marketing strategy in place so you consistently add new content to the internet that links back to different pages of your site?
* Have you claimed your Google+ Local listing and optimized it?
* Have you claimed Bing Local and optimized it?
* Have you claimed Yahoo Local?
* Have you claimed the major citation/review sites (Yelp, Merchants Circle, Insider Pages, Super Pages, etc.)?
* Do you have a plan in place to claim more citation sites each month?
* Do you have a plan in place to consistently acquire customer reviews?
* Do you have a system in place to monitor your online reputation as it’s posted on review sites?
* Do you have a system in place to be an active participant in the conversation about your business on sites like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn?
If your competitor answered yes to more of the above than you, then the chances are pretty good that they will be found on Google before you.
Last 5 posts in Marketing
- 4 Ways to Grow Your Business Through Referrals + My Thoughts - October 14th, 2017
- Why Retargeting Works And Why You Should Use It - October 13th, 2017
- 3 Ways To Stretch Your Online Paid Advertising Budget - October 7th, 2017
- You Need These 4 Things For Your Business Online Reputation - September 23rd, 2017
- Are You Continuously Building Your Online Reputation? You Should Be - September 16th, 2017