Two Online Marketing Secrets Business Owners Need To Know
These two online marketing secrets are usually learned the hard way because new business owners do not want to accept the truth of them. The first secret is…
The Do-It-Yourself Approach Will Cost You More Than Hiring A Consultant.
Many business owners start out with more time than money so they feel forced into the DIY approach to their business while others fear losing control.
If you are taking the time to do chores like:
- Learn how to create a professional looking website
- How to secure the website
- How to maintain your website
- How to set up and optimize each social network you need to use
- How to set up and optimize Google+ Local, Bing Local, Yahoo Local and the hundreds of reviews sites
- How to properly use everything I just mentioned
- And much, much more
When will you have time to have time to do income producing activities and to manage customer relations?
You do NOT have enough hours in the day to learn, use and manage everything by yourself.
Service providers can lighten your load by doing some of the tasks mentioned above BUT hiring a bunch of service providers to perform the tasks is only slightly better than DIY unless you have a good marketing strategy in place and know where each fits into your strategy.
Good marketing consultants know the pieces that need to be used, when each is best added and they usually have a team that can perform the tasks for you. Outsourcing is often used but make sure the people used for your search engine optimization and article writing are from the same country as you.
Google looks at the quality of the content posted and having a bunch of content with grammatical and spelling errors hurts. If the content is posted on sites that are mostly outside of your target audience’s country, the benefit will be minimal, at best.
You Must Work With A Team To Succeed At Online Marketing.
Google, the other search engines, social media and consumer browser and buying habits are bringing so many pieces into the marketing puzzle that it isn’t possible to keep up with the changes in every piece by yourself.
At a minimum, it takes two people but the reality is it usually requires many more to run a successful online marketing campaign but some of them are independent contractors you manage.
The Internet is changing rapidly and there are too many pieces you need to stay informed on if you intend to remain relevant and have a positive ROI. Some pieces that need monitored and managed are:
- Website security and maintenance (Both your main website and the mobile version of your website)
- New website content
- Website promotion (article marketing, guest blog posts, video marketing, forum marketing, press releases, etc.)
- Online social networking (Google+, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.)
- Reputation management (Review sites like Google+ Local, Yelp, Four Square, Insider pages and hundreds of others.)
- Reputation monitoring
- Reputation marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Paid advertising
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
Many of the above specialties are changing so fast it’s a full time job keeping up with each one. No single person can be an expert in all of those areas. Many may have some skills in a number of these areas but those skills need to be regularly updated or tactics that worked 6 months ago could be detrimental to your business today.
SEO as a whole and specifically local search are two areas that have seen major evolutions since March of 2012. Some of the tactics used last year are no longer effective and some are actually detrimental to marketing your business.
Is your staff up to date on the changes or are you going from freely distributed internet found online, free or paid for books or courses sold on the Internet that may be outdated the minute they are published or do you have someone that’s constantly updating their skills?
There are many ways you can attract visitors to your business using a mix of offline marketing and online marketing methods. The challenge online is keeping up with the technological requires, the rapidly diminishing attention span of your prospects and the need to not only grab their attention in 7 seconds or less but be able to provide a message that gets them interested enough to take the action you want.
If you want help developing then implementing a marketing strategy for your business, call my business partner at (863) 907-7737 to schedule an appointment.
Last 5 posts in Marketing
- 4 Ways to Grow Your Business Through Referrals + My Thoughts - October 14th, 2017
- Why Retargeting Works And Why You Should Use It - October 13th, 2017
- 3 Ways To Stretch Your Online Paid Advertising Budget - October 7th, 2017
- You Need These 4 Things For Your Business Online Reputation - September 23rd, 2017
- Are You Continuously Building Your Online Reputation? You Should Be - September 16th, 2017