Traffic is the first step to getting the visitors to your business as customers. Do you know what is bringing these visitors to you? Look at the different advertising methods you use and see whether you are tracking any of them to see whether they are working.
Are you using:
• Business cards?
• Offline classified ads?
• Online classified ads?
• Card deck advertising?
• Traffic Exchanges?
• Pay Per Click advertising?
• Organic search engine marketing?
• Blog posts to create new content and interest?
• Social bookmarking?
• Safelist advertising?
With the exception of business cards, safelists and flyers almost every other method of traffic generation mentioned is divided into categories or by theme.
Themes are also defined as keywords or keyword phrases. These words and phrases are how your visitors find you.
Some keywords and keyword phrases associated with this article are the bullet points listed above. These are the words and phrases people may type into a search engine or Technorati to find your site.
Technorati is a search engine for blog posts and the organic search engines deliver from keywords on your website.
You need to make sure you know how to effectively use the platform you’ve chosen. The content you are creating needs to be focused on a single word or phrase for each post or page you create. You need to know what words and phrases your target audience is using to find the content they are seeking.
One of the tools I use is Nichebot . This resource has training as well as providing a way to do some keyword research that also shows the volume of competition for the keyword phrases you are considering.
Once you have your selection of possible keywords, go to the search engines and verify the data because things change quickly on the internet.
Use your tracking, stats programs and research to keep on top of the words and phrases used to find your website and you will know where your traffic is coming from.
Last 5 posts in Marketing
- 4 Ways to Grow Your Business Through Referrals + My Thoughts - October 14th, 2017
- Why Retargeting Works And Why You Should Use It - October 13th, 2017
- 3 Ways To Stretch Your Online Paid Advertising Budget - October 7th, 2017
- You Need These 4 Things For Your Business Online Reputation - September 23rd, 2017
- Are You Continuously Building Your Online Reputation? You Should Be - September 16th, 2017