People search for solutions to problems when they buy anything. Exterminators are getting rid of your pests. Dating services both online and off line help you find love. The automotive industry is helping you get from point A to point B.
The list goes on and on but I think you see my point. Define the problem your business solves and advertise that you solve that problem.
People always want to know ‘What’s in it for me?’ so tell them in your advertising.
Successful business people know from the very beginning that people aren’t buying your products or services for the features offered. People buy anything for the solution that product or service fulfills.
If you’ve read previous articles, you might remember that I’ve said we are emotional beings and all of our actions are based on emotion.
Some of these emotions are:
Think of any number of business models and see which emotion the product or service satisfies. I’m willing to bet you can come up with many associated with each emotion. Now think about your business and see which emotion you satisfy and then develop your advertising campaign using one or more of the other emotions to motivate your target market. Hint: Ads that generate directed anger or curiosity are very powerful.
Last 5 posts in Business Success
- 3 Types Of Additional Income Streams For Local Business - June 17th, 2017
- Does Your Local Business Have A Residual Income Option? - June 3rd, 2017
- 5 Mistakes Local Business Startups Make - December 31st, 2016
- How Reputation Marketing Can Help Your Local Business - September 24th, 2016
- 3 Mistakes Consultants Make With Business Owners - September 10th, 2016