Is Your Business Website Mobile Friendly?
I’m willing to bet that your business website doesn’t look good on mobile devices & that is costing you business. Read below to see why you are losing business.
According to an article titled, “10 Reasons Why You Need a Mobile Marketing Strategy” there are 10 reasons that you need to have mobile marketing as part of your overall marketing strategy now.
The 10 reasons they listen in their article are:
- Mobile Marketing is the Future
- Only 17% of Online Businesses can Effectively be Viewed on a Mobile Device
- 40% of Shoppers Consult Three or More Review Sites Before Making a Purchase
- 4 out of 5 Consumers use Smartphones to Shop
- 40% of Searches have Local Intent
- Mobile Marketing is Predicted to Overtake Desktop Internet Usage
- Young People use Their Phones More Than Their Mouths
- 70% of Mobile Searches lead to Online Action within an Hour
- Mobile Communication helps Your Employees reach Your Customers More Easily
- Smartphones are More Convenient than Laptops
Of the 10 reasons listed by them as to why you need a mobile marketing strategy, I believe that 2 through 6 and 8 are the ones that local businesses need to pay the most attention to if they wish to thrive.
If you have a business that caters to customers under the age of 25, you need a strong social media presence in addition to having a mobile friendly website.
YouTube is a social media site that caters to all ages but especially those that are interested in music, movies and other visual entertainment.
Most YouTube videos are mobile friendly across all mobile devices and YouTube is the second most used search engine so every local business should have a solid presence on it that actively engages your potential customers.
If nothing else got your attention out of the information presented here and in the original article, these three items should:
- 40% of shoppers consult three or more review sites before making a purchase
- 40% of searches have local intent
- 70% of mobile searches lead to online action within an hour
This means 40% of your local customers are looking for someone to do business with, they are checking out the reviews of these businesses before the make a buying decision and once a decision is made they take action.
One thing the article did not mention was that two thirds of these prospects will leave your site and never return if it doesn’t look good on their mobile phone.
Give me a call when you’re ready to have a website that looks good on all devices.
Last 5 posts in Business Success
- 3 Types Of Additional Income Streams For Local Business - June 17th, 2017
- Does Your Local Business Have A Residual Income Option? - June 3rd, 2017
- 5 Mistakes Local Business Startups Make - December 31st, 2016
- How Reputation Marketing Can Help Your Local Business - September 24th, 2016
- 3 Mistakes Consultants Make With Business Owners - September 10th, 2016