Useful Traffic Generation Methods
There are many ways to generate traffic to your website but some traffic generation methods are more useful than others. How many of these do you use?
Forum marketing is an oldie but a goodie. Even though this method has been around a long time, it is still a good way to get some highly targeted traffic to your website that already has a certain level of trust with you. (It’s also a great way to see what problem or problems your prospective customers are looking to have solved.)
To effectively use this method of marketing, you need to:
- find an active forum in your niche
- make sure that the forum allows signatures with hyperlinks
- become an active part of the community (You must be willing to share your expertise as well as ask questions before you will be accepted as a member of the community.)
- limit marketing your business to your signature file
- recognize that forums can become time wasters so you need to closely monitor the amount of time that you are willing to spend on this type of marketing (One hour per day across multiple forums is usually enough.)
Facebook groups, LinkedIn groups, sub Reddit’s and Google+ groups are not technically forums but the functionality is very similar and the results, when used correctly, can mean a very quick influx of highly targeted visitors.
Pay Per Click Advertising
With this method of advertising, you are trading dollars for clicks which can be very expensive in some niches.
You’d better know what you are doing or have a marketing agency that knows what they are doing or you can spend a lot of money very quickly with very little, if any, return on your investment.
There are so many variables that can affect how much you spend that it is sometimes hard to know where to begin. Some of the things that you have to pay attention to are:
- meeting the quality guidelines of your pay per click provider
- the quality of your landing page
- the problem your potential customer is trying to solve
- the words and phrases your audience uses that will trigger your ad
- what action you want your prospect to take
- and many, many more
This method can be very good at generating highly targeted traffic very quickly but in some niches you could be paying upwards of $200 for a single click.
It’s important to remember that a click does not necessarily translate into a lead or a customer.
Video marketing can accomplish a lot of things and some of these are:
- a two minute video can convey as much information as a 500 word article
- a video helps build your brand
- a video helps build trust
- videos reach your customer base where they congregate
- properly formatted videos can be viewed on almost any device
- when combined with pay per click advertising and social media, videos can generate a lot of highly targeted traffic very quickly
- YouTube hosted videos have the potential to rank very high on YouTube and on Google’s organic search
- many of your customers prefer to consume their information by way of video
Search Engine Optimization
SEO takes time, patience, money and a consistent effort to get where you want to be but the results can be a steady inflow of highly targeted traffic for an extended period of time.
Unfortunately, this method of traffic can be very fickle because the search engines are constantly changing their search algorithms to thwart marketers that try to game the system.
If you stick to the search engine optimization basics and add in ways for your customers to share your content by way of social media and to interact with your site, you’ll usually be okay.
Social signals have always been useful but they are now part of the algorithm at Google.
It doesn’t matter if you use one of the traffic generation methods that I’ve mentioned above or one of the many that I did not mention to get targeted visitors to your site.
The important thing is that you know who your ideal customers are and what the problems are that they want to solve.
If you can pick out one or more pressing problems that they want to solve and then convince them that you have the best solution for that problem, making the sale will be a lot easier.
Last 5 posts in Marketing
- 4 Ways to Grow Your Business Through Referrals + My Thoughts - October 14th, 2017
- Why Retargeting Works And Why You Should Use It - October 13th, 2017
- 3 Ways To Stretch Your Online Paid Advertising Budget - October 7th, 2017
- You Need These 4 Things For Your Business Online Reputation - September 23rd, 2017
- Are You Continuously Building Your Online Reputation? You Should Be - September 16th, 2017