Why Balance Is Vital For Success In Business And In Life
If you fail to maintain balance between your business, personal and spiritual lives, you may find yourself in an unhealthy situation. See what can happen below.
Good health is the most valuable asset that you can have. Some of things that can adversely affect your health are:
- working too many hours on your business (fatigue)
- failure to eat properly (poor nutrition)
- not enough exercise
- not enough sleep
- too much stress (All of the above can add stress on top of the normal stress of running your own business.)
Your Spiritual Life
You are a spiritual being living a human experience and it’s important to your well-being to socialize with others in a non-work-related environment.
These interactions can help you refocus your priorities as well as re-energize your mind, body and spirit.
If your spirit isn’t fed what it needs, it will be malnourished just as your body will be malnourished if it doesn’t get the nutrition that it needs.
Your Personal Life
Humans are social animals and it’s in our nature to seek out those that will make us feel welcome.
If you are lucky enough to have a family close by, the time you spend with them where you are doing nothing but enjoying their company and basking in their love will help replenish your depleted energy levels. Your family is probably also the ‘why’ you started your business in the first place.
When your family is often the ‘why’ you started your business, why would you choose it over them?
Every time you neglect one or more of the above areas, your overall health declines and it will physically manifest itself at some point in time.
Once you’re poor health is physically manifested, you might be faced with doctor and hospital bills that will only compound your problems.
As long as you’re in business, you will always have something that you can do to build it.
If you neglect your health or your family, you may lose one or both and have a very difficult time trying to reclaim either.
I’m guilty of neglecting my health because of my business and because of it I’m dealing with pneumonia.
If I had forced myself to take some time off to rest and relax, my health may not have suffered as much as it has.
Learn from my mistake and pay attention to every aspect of your life.
Share this with friends, family and colleagues then leave a comment below.
Last 5 posts in Business Success
- 3 Types Of Additional Income Streams For Local Business - June 17th, 2017
- Does Your Local Business Have A Residual Income Option? - June 3rd, 2017
- 5 Mistakes Local Business Startups Make - December 31st, 2016
- How Reputation Marketing Can Help Your Local Business - September 24th, 2016
- 3 Mistakes Consultants Make With Business Owners - September 10th, 2016