3 Reasons You Need At Least 1 Mailing List For Your Business
A mailing list is useful for customer relationship management (CRM), your online reputation & business growth. See how a mailing list helps with each of these.
Your CRM And A Mailing List
A CRM is the best way that you, as a business owner, can manage your relationship with current and potential customers. This can be done using an email list, an SMS list or snail mail to reach the appropriate list.
Some of the ways that you can use your CRM are:
- to conduct surveys to see how you can improve your business to better meet the needs and expectations of your customers
- to ask for feedback or reviews about your product, service or staff
- to distribute a newsletter to existing and potential customers
- to send customer only coupons
- to offer customer only specials that are unannounced and of short duration
- to send tips and tricks on how to get the most out of your product or service
- to acknowledge special events that are happening in the lives of your customers (i.e. Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.)
- to offer unannounced specials to prospects that visited your place of business but did not make an immediate purchase
A CRM, when used effectively, is a very effective tool for building customer loyalty and for acquiring new customers.
Your Online Reputation And A Mailing List
Customers and prospects that had a bad experience at your place of business are quick to leave negative reviews wherever they can.
Unfortunately, customers that had a great experience with your business are unlikely to be as vocal with as many people.
You need to use the mailing list that you should be building with these customers to reach out to them to ask them to leave a review for you about their experience with your business on your feedback page, if you have a review system put in place, or on the local directory of their choice if you don’t yet have a system in place.
These online reviews are vital to the success of your business now and in the future. Here are some stats from some reason surveys that will show you just how important these reviews are to you:
- 92% of consumers between the ages of 18 and 34 use online reviews to judge a business
- 97% of consumers read online reviews
- 82% of consumers trust an online review as much as they do a referral from a friend or family member
If those stats don’t grab your attention, you need to remember that a personal referral is one-to-one, is finite and is not a business asset BUT an online referral is one to many, is indefinite and is a business asset.
As I’ve stated several times before, it’s much easier to sell to an existing customer than it is to acquire a new one.
Mailing lists can both help you acquire new customers and help you sell more to existing customers.
Your mailing lists like your online reviews are a business asset that help increase the value of your business if you ever decide to sell it.
Share this with your friends and colleagues then leave your comments below.
Last 5 posts in Marketing
- 4 Ways to Grow Your Business Through Referrals + My Thoughts - October 14th, 2017
- Why Retargeting Works And Why You Should Use It - October 13th, 2017
- 3 Ways To Stretch Your Online Paid Advertising Budget - October 7th, 2017
- You Need These 4 Things For Your Business Online Reputation - September 23rd, 2017
- Are You Continuously Building Your Online Reputation? You Should Be - September 16th, 2017