- The domain http://www.naturalremediesproducts.com (NRP) was purchased November 1, 2007.
- WordPress is the blog platform we chose for NRP.
- Plugins were installed to make the site as SEO friendly as possible.
- The content has been keyword optimized where possible on each of the targeted phrases.
- Each and every post was submitted to social bookmarking sites by three of us working as a team to help each other.
www.propeller.com is the primary attention getter. This used to be Netscape but the name is irrelevant. Quality posts submitted here can be indexed in Google anywhere from a few minutes to a week for brand new domains. I’ve had posts indexed within 10 minutes on established domains. Propeller does deliver traffic over extended periods too because your submissions are added to the Netscape search engine.
www.stumbleupon.com is a source of ongoing traffic because you MUST take time to surf other blogs IF you submit pages of your own.
Note: It is against the TOS for many social bookmark sites to submit your own pages but you can get away with it on some sites IF you only submit one every 2-3 days AND you surf a minimum of 8-10 other blogs within your area of interest.
I like StumbleUpon because of its wide range of categories. This lets me use it for multiple niches to create traffic and to recognize webmasters that write content I like. This service is also a great way to find good blog posts you can comment on so you are adding to the community AND building your brand.
www.digg.com is another service we use but not on every post. Over use of Digg for your stuff will get your account frozen or deleted.
www.onlywire.com is another service we use. This takes an hour or two to get set up because you will have about 20 different social bookmark sites to join.
Hint: Use the same username and password for these sites so they are easier to track and remember.
Once set up, it takes about 5 minutes to submit your post to Onlywire and it automatically logs in and submits to the social bookmark sites you have joined and entered into their system.
http://what.everyouwant.com doesn’t care if you promote your own pages.
http://searchbigdaddy.net/itsaboutcash doesn’t care if you promote your own page.
Be a good citizen in the social bookmarking community and acknowledge the good work done by others and yours will be rewarded by others.
Our team of 3 proved that a new domain, WordPress, SEO, quality content and social bookmarks are a powerful combo to get noticed. To sustain and even improve upon this, we are adding offsite articles, blog comments and some of the other traditional link building strategies.
You might be able to take a new domain to page 1 on Google using this method if you can get a team of 3-6 marketers that are willing to work with you on social bookmarking each others stuff so you each can tap into the social bookmarking muscle.
P.S. Subscribers of my newsletter will receive a traffic generation guide for 2008 that they can use.
Last 5 posts in Marketing
- 4 Ways to Grow Your Business Through Referrals + My Thoughts - October 14th, 2017
- Why Retargeting Works And Why You Should Use It - October 13th, 2017
- 3 Ways To Stretch Your Online Paid Advertising Budget - October 7th, 2017
- You Need These 4 Things For Your Business Online Reputation - September 23rd, 2017
- Are You Continuously Building Your Online Reputation? You Should Be - September 16th, 2017