Why Is Reputation Important In A Business?
The role reputation plays in your business is so important that it cannot be stressed enough. Some ways that your reputation can affect your business are:
- no online reputation or a negative online reputation can cripple your business
- a great online business reputation brings you presold prospects which makes the sale easier
- a great business reputation is a good marketing tool
- with a great online reputation, you don’t have to spend as much on marketing to attract new business
- a good online reputation can attract investors and strategic business partners in addition to customers
- satisfied customers that leave online reviews are unofficial spokespeople for your business
- your online reputation gives prospects a snapshot of the culture that’s within your business
- your online reputation is third-party statements about your credibility and integrity as a business
- it’s always been stated that first impressions last and your online reputation is sometimes the only chance you get to make a first impression with a potential customer
- an outstanding business reputation makes price less of a factor to many consumers because customers know that you can effectively deliver the products or services they need to solve their problem
- your business reputation and your business brand are inevitably tied together in the eyes of the consumer
- a good reputation that has existed for quite a while makes it easier for a customer to choose you over a competitor that has a good reputation when they are a newer business
As you can see from the list above, the advantages of building and maintaining a good online and off-line business reputation are many.
On the other hand, a bad online reputation could put you out of business because it can drive customers into the hands of your competitors.
Additionally, recovering from a bad online reputation is much more expensive than building and maintaining a five-star reputation. (You need to find and fix the cause of the bad reputation then you need to get enough good online reviews on each directory that has bad reviews to minimize the negativity and during this time you will probably be losing sales to competitors.)
You and your employees need to always remember to always deliver quality products or services, deliver superior customer service and ask your customers to leave feedback about their experience with your business using the review system that you have in place because this is what gives your company a good reputation.
A great business reputation can help bring you more customers because it helps the consumer see you as a market leader that delivers the solution they need within your community and within your niche.
An online reputation that’s better than your competitors gives you an edge in attracting new customers because of the reasons stated above and it also helps show that you solved other people’s problems in a way that made them happy.
Create and value an online reputation that’s memorable for its excellence and it will reward you time and time again with new business and it will also increase the value of your company in the eyes of prospective investors or buyers.
Share this with friends and colleagues then leave your thoughts below.
Last 5 posts in Marketing
- 4 Ways to Grow Your Business Through Referrals + My Thoughts - October 14th, 2017
- Why Retargeting Works And Why You Should Use It - October 13th, 2017
- 3 Ways To Stretch Your Online Paid Advertising Budget - October 7th, 2017
- You Need These 4 Things For Your Business Online Reputation - September 23rd, 2017
- Are You Continuously Building Your Online Reputation? You Should Be - September 16th, 2017