We live in a fast paced world where many want instant gratification and results. Because the internet has billions of web pages and often millions of pages in the category you are searching through, a search engine is a MUST.
Organic traffic can take days, weeks or even months before it starts to trickle in and you need to spend time doing onsite and offsite optimization for the search engines to find you for the keywords you are targeting and to position you within the first 3 pages of the results.
You may use Craigslist, Backpage, eBay or another service to sell your product or service but you may not be aware that listings on these services often show up in search engine results.
Some people prefer to learn how to effectively use Google Adwords to drive targeted traffic to their site. This method of traffic generation is much faster BUT it can also be a HUGE drain on your budget if you don’t know what you’re doing.
Regardless of the online promotional method you use, the search engines probably helped deliver the traffic that see your offer. For this reason, it’s important to learn as much as you can about search engines as they relate to business.
Last 5 posts in Search Engine Marketing (SEM/SEO)
- How To Win In Local Search - August 12th, 2017
- Is Your Business Content Ready For Search in 2017? - January 14th, 2017
- 7 Questions You Need To Ask An SEO Firm Before Hiring Them - January 7th, 2017
- What Type Of SEO Should A Local Business Use? - July 2nd, 2016
- An SEO Strategy That Works For DIYers Part 2 - March 26th, 2016