5 Local Business Website Tips
Your website is often your first and only impression that potential customers get of your business so make it a good one by following these tips.
As a virtual storefront, visitors to your website expect to find certain things and you must make sure the information that they want to find is there an easy to locate.
Some of the things that they may be looking for are:
- who you are
- where you are located
- how to contact you
- more about you
- your online reputation
- how to contact you
- what hours you are open
- what products and services you offer
This list may not cover everything but it covers a lot about mobile searchers are seeking.
The five tips in no particular order are:
- Make sure your website is mobile friendly.
- Make sure your contact information is current.
- Make sure you use quality photos on your site.
- Make sure each page has a call to action
- Make sure your website is fast loading.
Make Sure Your Website Is Mobile Friendly
You need to assume that your potential customers are using a mobile device to search for the products or services that they need.
Some of the benefits of having a mobile friendly website are:
- The user experience is better for people using smart phones.
- Mobile device users usually take action within 24 hours of searching for a product or business.
- Google is now giving fast loading mobile friendly websites for local businesses a boost in the search engine results over their competitors that are not as mobile friendly.
Make Sure Your Contact Information Is Current
Searchers may or may not know who you are so make sure your site has information about you, your team and your business. You also need to make sure that your business name, address, phone number and business hours are accurate and easy to find.
Some searchers also like to see interactive maps that will give them directions to your business while others just want the phone number large enough that all they have to do to call you is to tap the number.
Make Sure You Use Quality Photos On Your Site.
Place quality photos on your site of you and your staff because these images add a personal touch that can help foster a little bit of trust between you and the searcher.
Good images of your products or the services that you offer may also help potential customers decide whether or not you are a good fit for their needs.
Do not make the mistake of putting extremely large high quality images on your site that slow load times too much.
Resize the image to the size that’s going to be displayed before you upload it to your server so that is faster loading but still gives the consumer a high quality they deserve.
Make Sure Each Page Has A Call To Action
What do you want a visitor to do when they visit any given page on your website?
Here are a few things that you may want them to do:
- Do you want them to call you?
- Do you want them to join your newsletter?
- Do you want them to visit your store?
- Do you want them to make a purchase directly from the website?
- Do you want them to book an appointment online?
- Do you want them to take some other action?
The reality is that many people will do none of these unless you ask them to take the action that you desire most.
Make Sure Your Website Is Fast Loading
Mobile users expect the site to be easy to read, to be fast loading, to be easy to navigate and to have specific information that they are seeking. If your site doesn’t meet these criteria, the visitors are most likely going to leave and never return.
Fast loading to a smart phone user is a site that loads in three seconds or less.
If it’s been a few years since you last modified your website, you may want to look at it or have a professional analyze it to see if it meets the expectations of today’s surfers with their mobile devices.
Share this with your friends and colleagues then leave your thoughts below.
Last 5 posts in Marketing
- 4 Ways to Grow Your Business Through Referrals + My Thoughts - October 14th, 2017
- Why Retargeting Works And Why You Should Use It - October 13th, 2017
- 3 Ways To Stretch Your Online Paid Advertising Budget - October 7th, 2017
- You Need These 4 Things For Your Business Online Reputation - September 23rd, 2017
- Are You Continuously Building Your Online Reputation? You Should Be - September 16th, 2017