Children use role models to help grow into adults that are productive and a valued member of society. These role models use to be the parents of the child but that isn’t always the case now with single parent households, television and the Internet available to provide a plethora of choices. Some of the options are less than ideal role models so it is up to the parent or guardian to help the child choose one or more good role models as the blueprint they’ll use to create and define themselves.
Builders use blueprints to build buildings that are sound, that look like the architect envisioned and to help define the construction cost before the project even begins.
Smart business owners use multiple blueprints in their business. Some of these are:
- Goals – This is the vision of your final destination and the stops at predetermined points along the way. (Think road trip with several rest periods at set points to measure progress and regroup.)
- Business Plan – This document helps you track finances and it should be used and adjusted just like your goals to stay on course.
- Daily Plan of Action – This is your work schedule for any given day. It should be used with your To Do List so you can do what needs to be done while moving toward your next goal.
- And more!
If you decide to have a webinar online, a meeting offline or some other special event for your business, you will need to create a blueprint for just that event so you can get out of it the results you desire without wasting effort on things that won’t help you reach your goal.
Many of the most successful business people I’ve seen or listened to have two things in common.
- They had a mentor they followed to learn their craft. (They did NOT follow multiple people. ONLY one person that was trusted was their mentor.)
- They participate in a mastermind that consists of 3-6 people that freely share the good, the bad and the ugly in each of their businesses. Each member MUST be completely honest and willing to both give and receive criticism or praise where needed. By sharing the good and bad, each member might get useful suggestions or ideas that they hadn’t thought to try.
You might be able to drift through life without anything really good or really bad happening to you without a blueprint BUT you will never reach where you want to be in the style you desire unless you have a plan to help you acquire what your desire and, more importantly, keep it.
Last 5 posts in Business Success
- 3 Types Of Additional Income Streams For Local Business - June 17th, 2017
- Does Your Local Business Have A Residual Income Option? - June 3rd, 2017
- 5 Mistakes Local Business Startups Make - December 31st, 2016
- How Reputation Marketing Can Help Your Local Business - September 24th, 2016
- 3 Mistakes Consultants Make With Business Owners - September 10th, 2016