In most cases, you get paid for being on the job when scheduled and doing just enough to get by won’t get you great evaluations but it seldom results in a loss of pay.
Self Employed and Home Based Business Owners
These people know and understand that they must get the work done or there isn’t going to be as much potential for the income or lifestyle they want.
Offline business owners may or may not have preset hours BUT there is no guarantee that the monies received will be enough or even the same from week to week.
Other home based business owners that work online, offline or a combination of the two often find that the hours required to make their businesses successful far surpass what they were putting in as a wage earner.
Many home based business owners find out, sometimes too late, that there is a lot of learning and WORK involved in getting a successful business up and running. The workload may lessen once your work system is in place and you are using the appropriate automation tools.
Wage earners expect and receive compensation at or above the minimum wage set by the government.
The self employed know there is no guaranteed income. When first starting a business, the cash flow may be negative but a successfully built business can make a wage earner green with envy.
To me, a self employed person is a:
- Self starter.
- Person that knows what they want.
- A person that isn’t afraid of working long hours with few, if any, visible results for awhile.
- A person that’s willing and eager to learn to grow.
- A person that sets goals then works toward them.
A person that treats their business like a business instead of treating it like a hobby which means self imposed work hour’s family and friends must acknowledge.
If you don’t think you have the above traits and more, you may not be able to achieve the success you are dreaming of with your own home based business.
Last 5 posts in Business Success
- 3 Types Of Additional Income Streams For Local Business - June 17th, 2017
- Does Your Local Business Have A Residual Income Option? - June 3rd, 2017
- 5 Mistakes Local Business Startups Make - December 31st, 2016
- How Reputation Marketing Can Help Your Local Business - September 24th, 2016
- 3 Mistakes Consultants Make With Business Owners - September 10th, 2016