Many people know very little, if anything, about HTML or CSS and have no desire to learn about them BUT they know they need a website and traffic to that website to get the visitor to see what they have to offer.
If you don’t know HTML or CSS and don’t want to take the time to learn them plus PHP, you might find the rest of the article useful.
Every time you add a new page to your website, you need to edit multiple pages to keep your internal linking structure and navigation menu current.
There is an easier way that gives you more options with MUCH less work.
Content Management Systems (CMS)
A good CMS beats a static website in almost every category because:
- There are multiple templates available for little or no cost.
- Navigation Menus automatically update with some CMSs and are easily updated in others.
- Some CMSs have plugins that will automatically add internal links between related articles and pages.
- Some CMSs let you easily create meta tags, descriptions and titles for each new page or post.
- Most CMSs have an RSS Feed function built into the script.
- Most CMSs have the comment function built into the script.
- And much more.
WordPress is one of the most popular and flexible content management scripts that’s available and it started out as a simple blogging platform. There are thousands of plugins you can use to modify the functionality, user experience, search engine friendliness and traffic generation ability with minimal effort.
People like websites that are easy to navigate, have fresh content, look professional and give them what they want. Search engines like it when a site has all of those things plus a sitemap that the search spiders can easily find. WordPress is the easiest platform for beginners to use to create their web presence and professionals love it because it is easily modified to be made even more powerful.
If you want highly targeted traffic with minimal extra effort, install WordPress with the right plugins and add high quality content that focuses on one topic per post on both users and the search engines will love your site.
Last 5 posts in Marketing
- 4 Ways to Grow Your Business Through Referrals + My Thoughts - October 14th, 2017
- Why Retargeting Works And Why You Should Use It - October 13th, 2017
- 3 Ways To Stretch Your Online Paid Advertising Budget - October 7th, 2017
- You Need These 4 Things For Your Business Online Reputation - September 23rd, 2017
- Are You Continuously Building Your Online Reputation? You Should Be - September 16th, 2017