It doesn’t matter if you capture your own leads or buy them, you should ALWAYS verify the email address is good with a validation program. There are several reasons for doing this but I’ll cover just a few.
- If you are using purchased leads, some reputable companies will replace non- deliverable leads. You don’t want to pay for leads you can’t use.
- Are you willing to bet your business on the opt-in list you are importing was created using ethical means and that they still wish to receive messages on your topic?
- Placing invalidated email addresses into an auto-responder system clogs up the system with bouncing emails. The responder tries re-sending each email several times before quitting. If you import hundreds of email addresses and just a small percentage are bad, you will be slowing the delivery of YOUR good messages.
- Importing bad email addresses into an auto-responder could cost you the import function. The owners of the auto-responder system have to pay for the bandwidth used to send these messages and creating an unnecessary expense will not be looked upon kindly.
I strongly recommend against using purchased leads in any auto-responder even if you find one that allows mass importation. The risk to your reputation and business is too great. If you insist on throwing purchased or old lists into a responder, please find and use a good email address validation program first.
Last 5 posts in Marketing
- 4 Ways to Grow Your Business Through Referrals + My Thoughts - October 14th, 2017
- Why Retargeting Works And Why You Should Use It - October 13th, 2017
- 3 Ways To Stretch Your Online Paid Advertising Budget - October 7th, 2017
- You Need These 4 Things For Your Business Online Reputation - September 23rd, 2017
- Are You Continuously Building Your Online Reputation? You Should Be - September 16th, 2017